About Me

My photo
I only started cycling a year ago following a charity event which signed me up to cycle London to Paris. From then on I have joined a local cycling club and developed into a lycra loving lass.

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Recap

Whoa that has been a weird few weeks... In summary I've raced my first sea triathlon Olympic distance down in Portsmouth which was AWESOME. And I've had a week off of doing nothing really other than preparing for my new job that started this week. 

Portsmouth was hard. The sea swim took more out of me than I anticipated. I finished in 49 minutes which felt like a day. Running up the pebble beach and then along to transition was a fair way too. 

I was looking forward to the bike leg but once clipped in I just felt awful. My stomach was churning, I felt tired and dehydrated. For the first time ever I was looking forward to getting OFF my bike.  I couldn't tell if it was a new tri suit (club one) that was making me so uncomfortable. I just wanted off.

On the run, I tried 3 times to find a toilet which I knew was eating into my time but I just needed to pee! I knew I wouldn't finish if I didn't find a loo and finally after several deviations and a chat to the water marshals I found them. The next 7km went quicker. I found my stride, got passed by an older lady who I then stuck on the heels of. 3km to go and I decided to go past her & just run my socks off. Crossing the line with a 10km PB of 58 minutes I was chuffed. 

It was an Olympic PB so also happy with that. However my plan of doing Cambridge triathlon has been scuppered due to the cancellation as the water is below standard - containing Wiles disease. So now I'm on the hunt for my final Olympic tri and currently looking at Hever Castle. Although it really is pricey! 



No comments:

Post a Comment