About Me

My photo
I only started cycling a year ago following a charity event which signed me up to cycle London to Paris. From then on I have joined a local cycling club and developed into a lycra loving lass.

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Riding positions... FRUSTRATING

So last night I went out for a ride with my cycling bud having altered my position on my bike as recommended by various people. 

OUCH! 

Basically, I'm new to all this so I don't really know how I should be positoned so take advice from wherever I can get it really, in the hope that it may improve my riding and get the most out of my thunder thighs. 

So I flipped my stem (turned it upside down) which lowers my handlebars. However by doing this they are then further away from me making me reach more. 

I have also been told that my seat could go up a touch. I do this. Half a centre meter. 

With my reach increased, I figure that I should just move my seat forward as I often find myself sitting on the nose of the saddle which is really uncomfortable (especially being a female)! It's a men's saddle so is already pretty uncomfortable. 

Honestly, that was the most uncomfortable 19 miles of my life. My back started to hurt at the bottom. I felt I wasn't pushing hard at all. I felt twitching as I couldn't hold the bars where I used to. 

Frustrated. 

I've got an Olympic tri on Sunday in Portsmouth and now I'm horrified that I'm going to be in great pain over a mere 26 miles. 

Damn! 

But I huess on a plus it was nice to get out and chase the sun over some hills with good conversation... Oh and I got to wear my new Wiggle Honda kit :) 

Silver lining. 


No comments:

Post a Comment